View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Does this mean Jarnkrok would earn more $ in the AHL than the SEL? I know he may make the jump straight to Detroit but it would be nice if he wasn't ready for the NHL that he would be willing to go to Grand Rapids for a bit.
If he signs same contract as Tatar (I presume he will, both were 2nd round picks) his siging bonus would be $90k and his AHL salary $65k. He would get $155k for sure.

If and when he gets a chance in NHL, his NHL salary would be 640k.

So if he'll get ~20 games in NHL and stays in AHL the rest of the season, he could get 25% of the NHL salary (160k), 75% of the AHL salary (48k) and that signing bonus (90k)

Total of $298k. That beats his Elitserien earnings pretty easily. It's not really a money thing. He will get his millions later.

For Marchenko, there could be a huge difference. He is much much more far away from NHL than Järnkrok and KHL can pay much more than SEL for him. I understand it better. But Marchenko had some willingness to come and is interested about English and American culture. I read something like that about his background. He is interested to come, not a shy typical Russian with language problem who doesn't wan't to leave his home-coutry, if good money and spot to play is available there.