View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 01:40 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Chris Kreider is a solid prospect and he has some above average tools and physical traits that scouts love: 6'3, 230 pounds, explosive skater, good shot, two-way acumen. If he projects to be a 25 goal / 25 assist or more guy who can play a two-way game, then that's about as good as it gets for someone drafted in the lower mid 1st round. Does he have a shot at the Calder when the NHL resumes play? If he gets icetime with Richards, Nash, or Stepan, I'd say yes. I think even most Rangers fans will tell you he's a guy who's most likely not going to be the driver of a line but the complimentary piece.

I can see the Stalberg comparisons and I don't think there's anything wrong with that... Stalberg has shown good progression so far in the NHL and put up 22 goals/43 points last year with next to no power play time. Kreider is a little stockier than Stalberg and I think he has a better shot at the same age ( 21 ). Seeing as Stalberg didn't hit pro ice until he was about 24 years old, I would think Kreider is on a faster progression pace right now.

Bottom line is, Kreider is a great prospect any organization would love to have and despite having some struggles in his first full year as a pro, he still projects to be a top 6 winger with size and speed that can compliment a line with his attributes.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote