View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 02:42 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
I'm not saying they can't fix it this time, but to you it seems more likely than to me.
The reason I'm so confident is because despite some tournaments definitely being roller coasters with ups and downs (last year's WJC is a prime example, actually), I can't recall too many instances when we have had two bad games in a row, if any. Do you?

Mentality is a big part of junior hockey, in fact both us and the Swedes proved it today. Both had clearly got comfortable due to the good showings thus far and had a wake-up call served by seemingly weaker opponent.

Given the lesson we got served today and the tight battle our next opponent gave the Swedes, and the history of picking up the effort after a bad game, I just don't see an equation where our guys will ride into the next battle with every button and zipper flapping in the wind. With the added fact that these kids probably hate losing even more than their adult counterparts, I'd say it almost becomes a nigh impossibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaruus View Post
Yeah I know. I was assuming that we'd beat SWE. Which we will. I just really really want that Finland has a chance to play for the group win in the last game.
Like I just said, that would exactly have been the case had Sweden not lost points. At worst, we could do it with a hefty GD, at best the Czechs lose points regardless and become a non-issue.

Now, we have to rely on either SUI or LAT helping us. A long shot.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote