2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part X: Is There Any Hope? Edition
View Single Post
12-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Join Date: Feb 2008
• Ten-Year Agreement (through 2021/22 season); Parties have mutual opt-out right
after 8 years.
• 50-50 Revenue Split between Clubs and Players with current HRR Accounting.
• $300 million in “Make-Whole” payments (outside the system) to compensate Players
for the reduced value of Player contracts in the early years of the new CBA.
• No contractual “roll backs” of Player Salaries.
• Clubs can operate with an effective Upper Limit of $70.2 million in 2012/13;
come into compliance with $60 million Upper Limit for the start of the 2013/14
• Each Club will be entitled to execute up to one “Compliance Buy-Out” prior to the
2013/14 season pursuant to which payments made to the Player will not be charged
against the team’s Cap, but will be charged against the Players’ Share.
• Maximum contract length of 6 years subject to a Club’s ability to re-sign its own
Player for a term of up to 7 years (provided the Player played his last full season
with the re-signing Club). In addition, year-to-year Salary variability will be limited
(up or down) to no more than 10% of the value of the first year of a multi-year SPC.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by turcotte8