Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 01:54 PM
scott99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I can't help thinking of Tim Connolly when I see Strome. 5th overall picks by the Isles, similar build, similar style of play, sweet hands, offensive dynamos. What a shame that we Bailey'd Tim back in the day.

Thankfully, Stome has been treated with kid gloves by the Isles so far and that makes me very happy. I hope it continues and he's left in Junior even if there is a season. Let him get accustomed to the pro game in Bridgeport next year and he could be that dynamic #2C that this team has needed in 2014-2015... what Connolly was supposed to be in 1999 - minus the injuries.
I think Strome is a notch above Connolly talentwise. Different eras, it was easier to score in juniors back in the late 1990's, and Strome still outpaced Connolly in Juniors. Had a lot of hope for Connolly, especially after a somehwhat exciting rookie season, but except for the Sedins and Havlat, that was one of the worst 1st rounds in draft history.

Though this goal is certainly very Strome-esque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lys13bbVSwo

I don't understand why Connolly never made it big. So talented, amazing hands. I think he just never had that drive and determination like Tavares and even Strome.

Last edited by scott99: 12-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.