Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 02:09 PM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I'll have to catch the replay because I thought I saw RNH out there in the last 3 minutes, but that was my initial impression. With Canada probably without 2 forwards in the next game, the coach can't continue to use MacKinnon as the 13th forward. They're going to need him to play a regular shift, don't understand why he hasn't up until now. Not that it probably matters, but this will probably be the only time Nate gets to play in a WJC so use him while you've got him.
Okay to clear a few things up.... I just watched the Canada-Slovokia game.

1) Stromes Penalty was with almost 10 min left in the game, he came back out with 8 minutes to go in the game. He stayed out there after a play stoppage finished his shift by winning a faceoff and that was the last time he was on the ice (with over 7 minutes to go)

2)RNH had 3 more shifts after that (7 minutes, 4 plus minutes, and 2 minutes to go)

3) Strome also got skipped earlier in the game imediately after his first tripping penalty (he missed 1 shift)

4) Whoever said Strome left them wanting more, has incredibly high expectations, to be honest, he probably was the games MVP and would have been named that had he not taken a couple of dumb penalties. He did not play mistake free, but he played in all situations, and played hard in all three zones. He also won 11 of the 14 face-offs he took (by my count). He was responsible for 2 takeaways and caused another turnover. He only turned the puck over once on a cycle in the corner that Douin didnt get to. I thought he played not good, BUT GREAT on the PK. Again, Not a mistake free game.... but almost.

Watch the replay if you can Islander fans, you will like what you see. And now you know you dont need to watch the last 8 minutes