View Single Post
12-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Here's the thing though. If Lou lets these guys go to UFA next year we could be overpaying for everybody. Perhaps someone like Zajac doesn't wanna stay. Not Lou's fault. Perhaps JVB, and finances had something to do with letting Marty go to the market, and others until the final offer to Parise was made.

If Clarkson goes to the market some ****in idiot like Burke will pay $5 million a year for the hometown boy. I wouldn't be surprised. Whereas he would probably sign an extension with us for $4 million a year. Patty's agent is that dick Allan Walsh. We could be looking at giving Patty what he made last contract. Especially if he goes to the market. Hopefully Lou doesn't overpay for Zubrus, but he probably will, and especially if he goes to the market. Tallinder is signed until 2014, but Zidlicky is off this Summer.
I'm personally pretty skeptical of the argument that Lou could simply alleviate this free agency mess by negotiating earlier.

Reality check: these players have agents who are pretty in tune with their market value and they are probably pretty hesitant to agree to anything before UFA.

Honestly, as a player, why wouldn't you go to UFA, even if you love your home team. Do what Elias did. Gauge your worth, milk some extra money, and stay put.