Group B • Dec. 28 • Canada 6, Slovakia 3 • Part III
View Single Post
12-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Originally Posted by
- the main problem is behind the bench.
- next game will be determining factor in net.
- 1st line has been good esp. RNH (and his patented move in front of the net).
- Drouin is a real talent. 2nd line should be him plus ? WOW at him directing traffic on Wotherspoon's pass to Strome.
- Rielly was the x factor that turned the game around for Canada. Light bulb seemed to go on in his head like holy crap we're down 2 goals. Best puck mover on the back end and good defensively too. How he ended up the 7th dman is beyond me.
- Hamilton is a good puck mover but suspect otherwise...
- Murphy playing with little confidence esp. defensively. There was a sequence late in the 3rd period (when the game was already in the bag) where Murphy was virtually immobile in his own crease while the play carried on in the defensive zone.
Agree with pretty much everything except for Rielly being the x factor. He was huge in the win and has 3 points but 2 were secondary assists. The goal was a nice shot off the dman. He produced which is what matters and why I always bag on Murphy but Rielly wasnt absolutely dominant all game. He was solid though and did his job, produced. Rielly isnt the 7th dman though, its been Murphy pretty much the whole way through and for good reason.
On the back end I would say Ouellet was just as good or better then Rielly today, yes I'm biased but Ouellet made a sick pass to Rattie for one goal, and then made the play for Scheifele to score as well. All while being one of the go to defensive guys.
I think the real x factor was Scheifele all game
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by newfy