View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
in all likelyhood Derek Stepan is going to play with some combination of Rick Nash, Marian Gaborik, Carl Hagelin, Chris Krider, or Ryan Callahan.

Personally speaking, I'd never put Nash, Richards, and Gaborik together on the same line. So he's going to likely be playing with Gabby, who he had tons of chemistry with last season, and, my guess, Hagelin.

Kreider/Hagelin/Callahan - Richards - Nash
Kreider/Hagelin/Callahan - Stepan - Gaborik

Stepan would have to either be injured for a long period of time, have his linemates be injured for long periods of time, or just flat out have a horrible season not to put up 50ish points again.
I think we'll see everybody play with everybody at some point. It's Torts.

I do agree that Gabby Richie and Nash does top stack the team, I imagine that we'll see it at times. Having an 1A and 1B is better than just a 1 and a 2, but I don't think you have those 3 pieces and don't try them together for the hell of it.

Plus, a powerplay with Gaborik, Richards, Nash, Callahan, and Whatever defenseman you put out there (Del Zotto, ideally) is, on paper, SICK. But, that also allows a second unit including Stepan, Hags, Kreider(?), McD, and lets be honest, probably Richards again at the point.

I may or may not be salivating. Don't judge me.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote