View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Let's use Salvador for example. If he's re signed the same week CBGB, Harrold, and Janssen were I think we could have kept him for $2.5 million maybe even $2. Now we don't know if he wanted to go to UFA or not, but I'm pretty sure Lou re signed him the morning of or the day before UFA started in 08. He did say in his interview after re signing that he asked Lou, and the Devils to match what he was offered. He didn't say if that was the max, but he did say he asked them to match, and that brings us to his $3+ million dollar a year contract.

You never know what these teams will offer when someone goes to the market. Remember what we heard a few teams offered Shane Doan? I know he was the last good UFA on the market, but still.
And why's that?

Salvador knows his market value is higher than $2.0M, probably a decent amount higher. I think a lot of teams were interested in him.

If Salvador had the mentality that he wanted to the Devils to match whatever was offered, and if he knew he was probably worth around $3.0M, why would he sign for $2.0M?

That logic makes no sense. It's just something for people to complain about because they don't like the fact that Parise left.