View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Agree with pretty much everything except for Rielly being the x factor. He was huge in the win and has 3 points but 2 were secondary assists. The goal was a nice shot off the dman. He produced which is what matters and why I always bag on Murphy but Rielly wasnt absolutely dominant all game. He was solid though and did his job, produced. Rielly isnt the 7th dman though, its been Murphy pretty much the whole way through and for good reason.

On the back end I would say Ouellet was just as good or better then Rielly today, yes I'm biased but Ouellet made a sick pass to Rattie for one goal, and then made the play for Scheifele to score as well. All while being one of the go to defensive guys.

I think the real x factor was Scheifele all game
Both Ouellet and Scheifele stepped up for sure.

Not saying Rielly was dominant, but he made a big difference.

If you have a chance to watch that game again, look at how he almost always gets open to receive passes and moves the puck (even in tight spots) accurately and to the open man, not just dumping it in.

Rattie's goal is a good example of tight quarters - Rielly might have turned it over, made an errant pass or just dumped it in but instead made a clean pass to Ouellet.

You could also see the way RNH was passing him the puck that he had complete confidence in him.