12-28-2012, 02:47 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Wow, Gally is being ripped by a couple of posters on the USA Roster discussion thread in the World Junior Championship forum. Here are a couple of posts about him..

"Galchenyuk looks pretty soft out there, hard to believe he was a 3rd pick overall. The Habs might have been sold a pup. Trouba has improved leaps and bounds. Great game for the neutral to watch, both the USA and Russia have the horses to beat Canada"

"I have been very underwhelmed bu Galchenyuk. Other than what appears to be a good stick, nothing else remotely says elite, nothing.

Trouba looks like a force so far. Best player by quite a bit for the US."
HF at WJC time turns into an absolute ****show in terms of getting a fair read on a player. It's all over the map. One bad game and people are ready to dump all over a guy they were raving about just pages earlier. Case in point - people were drooling over Jones before Nichushkin fed him his lunch. Now Jones is "Erik Johnson at best" and Nichushkin could challenge for 1st overall (I didn't make either of those up - both are from posts I've read in various threads today).

If you think Gally got it bad, check out the opinions tossed around about Yakupov and Barkov. Yakupov is "more of a Zherdev/Filatov type" and Barkov could fall out of the top ten. Again, both opinions I've actually seen other people post.

The problem is people finally get to see one or two games from players they've heard so much about, and if it doesn't live up to their expectations - well then the book is closed on that player.