View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
A very Rich man's Dionne. Jagr gets some negative wraps with his 5 scoring titles... I had him in an all-time History of Hockey team... He got ripped a lot. Mario would suffer from an even worse criticism with ZERO Cups. Except he is a true rich man's Dionne. How much can you push done the player with the 2nd best PPG ever... and an 199 point and 69 goals in 60 games season? How far can he go down in the All-Time list? Could he go behind Jagr? No Cups for Mario is no Cups for young Jagr!

Hull won 1 Cup with a great team for several years. Beliveau has 9 Cups! Could anyone really rank a Sakic, Yzerman, Trottier, Messier as better than Mario in any circumstance? Lafleur?

I think it is hard to drop Mario out of 4th place... but the 4th place is SOOOOO solid with the two Cups. Still 4th place without but with more doubts and no chance of arguments for higher than 4th.
I didnt say it would be warranted, I said it is what would happen. No cups equals a much bigger focus on his flaws and as to why henever won.
I never said he would actually sink below the top 10 but Beliveau would definitly get ranked ahead. Some would say Hull was better for sure, Richards? Maybe.

Dont forget that Lemieux also are the weakest in the top-4 when it comes to hardware. So people would point at that too and that it would be even weaker since he would have no smythes.

Hobnobs is online now   Reply With Quote