View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 04:32 PM
leafsfuture

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
I'm glad to hear that Camarra isn't facing any discipline. How an on ice official can tell him that the hit was clean one minute and then confer with the other officials and he ends up getting 5 and a game is beyond me. I know the standard is different in the IIHF, but he didn't charge and he didn't explode up into the head area. I feel bad for the Slovak, but that was an actual legitimate time that I would say, keep your head up kid.

Lipon on the other hand was a careless hit. Keep your elbows and arms down. That was just stupid and way too easy to call. It was a nice sell job by Mikus, who clearly was okay since he scored on that powerplay, but JC will see at least one game for that.

Subban was fine for me. He made some big saves in the game. Some people here need to place the blame elsewhere, like Murphy and Ritchie on that first one, or the PK leaving passing lanes open. The only issue I really have right now with Malcolm is his rebounds. Against a team like USA that is all speed and jamming the net, it could result in goals against.

Murphy is so hot and cold. It's hard to trust putting him out there. As great as Ielly was today, Oullette deserves just as much praise. I'm glad he is looking like the ankle is fine. What a feed to Rattie. I like him on the powerplay because he is more likely to keep it simple than the other guys we would put out there.

Strome had a really good game too, but the trips and hooks have to go. We can't afford penalties like those anymore. The competition only gets tougher from here.
I think fatigue played a factor.

Strome got major PK time today, and might have had more ice time than any forward. You could see when he took the tripping penalty that he had been double shifted during the major and was a bit gassed.

Same thing I noticed with Harrington and Wotherspoon. Both played a ton on the PK