View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
I don't think so, at least I didn't feel it there. I only felt it on my left leg. Is that like a medical condition (I'm googling it myself, but would be cool if you broke it down for me here) ?
Nah it's not a huge deal. If it's not in your back and radiating to your leg then it's most likely not a sciatica issue.

Usually things like you're describing come from weak or inactive glutes. With things like that I would keep the weight at a moderate level, because if the glutes are in fact inactive then you can risk injury when moving to heavier weights.

If you feel pain, do not push through it. Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. Find yourself a good chiropractor and they should be able to clear up what is going on. Also try and google some ways of stretching your Glute max, as well as the glute medius.

Typical stretches for that are things like a piriformis muscle stretch which you can get a rough outline of it in these pics:

Foam rolling is also a very effective way of breaking up scar tissue in these areas and opening them up to becoming more active.

Try and do those every few days and if it doesn't clear up the leg tingling then I strongly advise you find a chiro. Save yourself years of pain man.