Thread: Proposal: Toronto - Phoenix
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 04:39 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Toronto has a lot of forwards (6) on their last year before UFA. The Coyotes won't pay top dollar for any of these players and will not win any bidding war. They also like their depth at 'D'. Also they are at 48 contracts and likely not to add to that #. Sullivan, Torres, and Johnson are the 3 (future UFA) forwards not likely to be resigned and may be included in a multi-player deal.
I wouldn't mind trading Bissonette (and a draft pick) in any deal for Connolly.

How about Bissonette, Torres (hate to see him go, but he may need to be traded to an Eastern team), and a 4th for Connolly and Brown.
Nope... again a totally one sided deal.

Bissonette, while does bring toughness and entertainment, plays Toronto's deepest position, would be our 13th/14th forward, and likely block youth on occasion as well. Torres is pretty much redundant as well. Brown is a good penalty killer, and an ideal 4th liner especially with his salary. Connolly is necessary as long as Bozak is our #1 C.

To put it simply, the Leafs aren't going to place any value on getting NHL, or NHL-ready wingers, and aren't going to place any value on centres unless that centre is better than Tyler Bozak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
I never suggested a third for MacAurther. I just think Klesla and a his contract are worth more than half a season or less than MacArthur. Lombardi and Franson would not add enough value to tempt Phoenix to deal Klesla. I don't think they're in a hurry to deal Klesla.
They may not be. I'm simply saying that if they're looking at adding immediate help up front, they're going to have to pay for that. There's unlikely to be many teams looking to offload salaries right away. If Klesla isn't part of the long term plan, they're prepared to deal Klesla right now, they're certainly better off to do that then they are lose draft picks.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote