View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 04:50 PM
JackFr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Niskanen for Gonchar? This is getting ridiculous. Why are we overpaying Gonchar this big? Niskanen is young and is under a very good contract. Heīs solid and reliable. Itīs clear that Sens fans are overrating Sarge and donīt want to make any reasonable deal. Itīs impossible to come into conclusion in this thread. Their GM maybe doesnīt think that way, so we should jest let it be and wait for the result.

I would give them MAYBE Tangradi + Strait + 3rd pick at best, no way we give up valuable assets like Niskanen to bring Gonchar back. Everytime I think about Gonchar, I have to think about that Moenīs goal and I want to cry. He was atrocious in that series and heīs getting only older. I still like him as a person and as a PP QB, but enough is enough.
As much as I detest that goal, Gonchar wouldn't be relied on nearly as heavily as he was in 2010. In 2010 he was our #1 defenceman. In 2013 he can be the powerplay QB we desperately need.

@whoever said there was no incentive on Anaheim's part to make the deal, I think Perry's gonna bolt this summer, and they could get some great assets for him.

JackFr is offline   Reply With Quote