View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 04:52 PM
vadim sharifijanov

vCash: 500
palffy seems a lot like pat lafontaine to me. often underrated in his own time, but due to per game numbers, becomes overrated as time goes on.

i mean, alex mogilny. of his generation, i have mogilny #3 in terms of raw ability behind jagr and lindros. yeah, he was inconsistent. yeah, he was often maddening when he was on your team. but a guy like that sometimes you just sit back and say, "i could pick him apart for not being what he could be, or i can just shut my mouth and marvel at the things he can do."

now that said, palffy i think is being both overrated and underrated in this thread. at least in '03, i think he should have been a hart finalist. what he did on a completely decimated kings team was ridiculous. what he did against the wings in the first round of the '01 playoffs, and against the avs in the first round of '02 was likewise phenomenal. insofar as a small, soft, one-way player can be an inspirational, team-lifting heart and soul guy, he was that.

on the other hand, let's not pretend palffy was paul kariya. he was a very very good scorer, but he was not at that level. which likewise means he was not alex mogilny, who even coasting for 3/4 of his career still scored at a PPG over 1,000 games.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote