View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 04:55 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Agreed. Uses his body better than anyone. Like Sam Bennett using his full wing span to drive wide and protect the puck. Strome and Konecny to me are the best playmakers in the draft. Strome wont jump out with the flashy style, its a productive north/south game, STrome can mesh with anyone. His IQ is arguably the highest. Strome and Dal Colle could switch jerseys and no one would know.
Hey Guys, watched the Marlies again today to try and see what you guys are seeing, but it just isnt there for me. They struggled for most of the game against a weak team, and then picked it up late in the 2nd period.

Strome is like Dal Colle, but not as good. Dal Colle was the star in every one of his games, and was very noticeable. Strome to me is invisible most of the time. His skating is avg, and he is a good playmaker, but thats where it ends for me. Strome gets alot of notice because of his last name.

Stephens showed some signs of speed and brilliance but nowhere close to a top 10 selection.

Konecny today against Central Ontario was a MONSTER, and he hit everything in site, and set up many plays. He didnt stop all game, and competed at a level not seen in Minor Midget for awhile. TODAY, HE WON MY VOTE AS DEFINITELY TOP RANKED PROSPECT IN MM. I STILL THINK KOROSTOLEV IS NECK AND NECK WITH KONECNY, BUT JUST HAS TO PLAY A BIT MORE, GIVEN HIS INJURY, AND HE HAS TO DO ALOT MORE THAN KONECNY, BECAUSE OF THE LIMITED SUPPORTING STAFF.

The Dman- Burns on Oakville is quite impressive. He can skate, has vision and isnt a liability in his own end. I can see him as a late 2nd round pick.

Today, Lizotte didnt impress, and was schooled a few times while on the ice and behind the net. He was soft on the puck and allowed two wrap around goals. He has the size, speed and vision to be 1st rounder, but I believe he needs some top end coaching. It could be because of the limited talent with the northern teams.