View Single Post
12-28-2012, 05:07 PM
vCash: 67
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Going to be at the game tonight. Can anyone give me a few quick notes on how some of the bigger names (hodgson, adam, foligno, girgs, mcnabb) have looked so far? thanks!
Hodgson has been hit or miss since coming back. Before the injury he dominated most of his shifts. I thought prior to the injury he looked great defensively when needed with a very active stick, very Curtis Brown like. Since then not so much but the team has went to **** since early on in the year. He may be fast enough for the AHL but he still looks like a wheel hoe tilling a patch of dirt when he skates.

Adam started the season terribly. 3-4 weeks ago he started to pick it up but he's still hit and miss. I can't remember the last time I've seen a player so snake bitten. Even the few goals he has gotten have been complete luck.

Foligno has looked like Foligno. The problem with him is that he doesn't have the skill set to take over a game when the rest of the team is playing like crap, he can motivate them to but can't do it all on his own. Right now the team is so bad defensively it doesn't even matter. He will be the type of NHL player that can motivate his team to play well when they aren't, and when his team is playing good push the team over the edge into contender status much the way Lucic and Horton did for Boston.

Girgensons to me has been fine. People will look at his stat sheet but he's very raw offensively to begin with. Even with his low totals he has above average awareness in all 3 zones he just can't bury anything offensively... very shaky with the puck on his stick at that end of the ice. I think he's going to be a great defensive forward eventually.

McNabb is probably the worst player on the team. Won't beat a dead horse describing him (you can see what many people have to say about him) because I don't want it to seem like some sort of agenda... but he's cost the team games on many occasions.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote