View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 05:28 PM
hound27

vCash: 500
Ice Jam players to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncMike View Post
Anyone have a top 2 or 3 to watch from each of the teams scheduled to play in the IceJam in Halifax in a couple weeks?
Here is my list of who to watch for. My list is incomplete as I have not seen some of the NFLD, or NB/PEI teams play. I will also restrict my list to 96- and 97-born players.

St John Vitos - Leblanc (97) is on the top line and should be considered a top draft prospect.

Moncton - other than Bradley (95) and Richard (96), no forward really impressed. Myers (97) is steady on defence.

Cape Breton West - Tower (97) is a top draft prospect and plays on the top line with Kennedy (96). Mann-Dixon (97) is a decent goalie in a weak pool of 97 goalies.

Cape Breton Tradesmen - Fitzgerald (96) is a Dman who is solid in his own end and contributes offensively

Cole Harbour - Dumaresque (97) is a heady player and will get better when he gets stronger physically. Bruce (96) is a good finisher.

Dartmouth - Shewfelt (96) is an excellent skater and can finish, top forward among the HRM teams. Hamer (97) is worth watching but can disappear when the going gets tough.

Halifax - Marsh (96) is a strong playmaker and can finish, Parsons (97) can finish but must learn to distribute the puck better, Welsh (97) is a good offensive Dman but can struggle in his own end, good lateral mobility, but not fast enough N-S.

Valley - Tidman (97) and Parker (97) are both strong-skating forwards on a talented team that are contributing at both ends of the ice. Blanchard (96) is the top forward in the league but has been called up to Bathurst.

South Shore - Messenger (97) skates well and can finish but has no one to work with.

hound27 is offline   Reply With Quote