View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 05:28 PM
jedimyrmidon

vCash: 500
Like many other posters, I hate to see diving especially when it's "your" team.

However, this game was not an NHL game, and not refereed as such. The officials here [and certain players] seem to not know how to react to hard bodychecks, and the officials definitely lost control of the game. Lipon's hit was extremely irresponsible on his part, but Camara's was clean and yet he was ejected all the same, forcing Canada to run on 3 lines.

This may outrage some, but I think North American players can withstand getting pushed around more simply because it's the type of game played here, and so refs don't call as many penalties that result from physical play because everything appears to be fine. For example, Schiefele DID get crosschecked before his "dive", but I'm sure he could have taken it and skated off. But then the ref would have missed the crosscheck so...

Yes, yes, a saintly team would have done everything in the purest way possible - no bodychecking, no diving, taking slashes, taking crosschecks or whatever came their way, regardless of the officiating and missed calls... Well, that's a pretty tough order seeing as they were already down to 10 forwards and had already had to kill off two 5min penalties.