Thread: Proposal: Toronto - Phoenix
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Bissonette, while does bring toughness and entertainment, plays Toronto's deepest position, would be our 13th/14th forward, and likely block youth on occasion as well.
Don't get me wrong, because I don't like Bissonette on the roster (nor am I trying to pawn him off on you), but he is a serviceable emergency defenseman as well as 13th grit-forward. And that versatility is valued by GM's -- not too mention the GM in question would be Burke of all people. I wouldn't recommend giving up anything more than a very late pick or AHL-filler/long-shot to acquire him, but Maloney is apparently in love with him.

Quote:
If Klesla isn't part of the long term plan, ...
That's just it; I don't think they've made such a decision. Maybe after Gormley/Rundblad prove something at the NHL level. I value Klesla higher than MacArthur (even considering the near logjam on the blueline) ; reasonable people can disagree. But a MacArthur-Klesla doesn't tempt me right now. MacArthur and filler for Klesla and a 3rd is even less tempting. If the season is cancelled, obviously, it's moot.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote