View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Retail1LO

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
There is no need to go to court to "go after the cap". The union decertifying would take care of the cap. It's illegal outside a CBA. IF there's no union theres no CBA, no Cap, no draft, no guaranteed contracts, no minimum contract etc etc etc.
And without any of those things, quite frankly, there won't be a league. If the players think decertifying is the Rosetta Stone of getting what they want, I think they are quite frankly, the dumbest individuals on the face of this rock.

What they stand to lose is infinitely greater than what they stand to gain. Just knowing going forward that contracts aren't guaranteed, means that anyone that signs a big deal and underperforms (and that's a LOT of NHL'ers), is going to find himself on the curb in short order.

The players are so ridiculous. As if these guys are at risk of living anything other than a supremely privileged and wealthy life. I hope they get smoked. I really do. I hope they all end up in a place that's worse than they could possibly fathom. I wish it on each and every one of them with every ounce of my being.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote