View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Thats why I dont get it all these top prospect lists and Murray isnt even in most of everyones top 10. His upside is that of a Nicklas Lidstrom. I dont know about everyone else, but I would a take that over just about anybody in the game today. Thats a cornerstone to a dynasty. You can get other pieces through trades and picks, but franchise Dmen of that caliber dont come along very often. I guess we'll just have to wait and let time tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Those of us who have seen Ryan Murray play on a regular basis know why he will be a great player, and time will prove that. People who said things like "Griffin Reinhart is better, he has more tools" will eventually see that it isn't about the tools, it's about how they are put to use. Ryan Murray will not only make the team next time there is NHL hockey, but will be a standout player almost immediately.

The New York Islanders didn't offer us seven draft picks to move up two spots and select Griffin Reinhart, I can say that without question.
I figure out of all fan bases, we should be the ones who have most clearly seen that it's not at all about the physical tools in terms of who becomes a star...or a third-liner...or an NHLer at all.

I'm still waiting for Kiel McLeod to become an AHL-caliber player like his physical tools would dictate. And if not him, then Gilbert Brule. And if not him, then damn near anyone drafted between 2000-06.