View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So looking at Kreider's stats should I be disappointed? Seems like the whole team is ****. Maybe I can't judge him by his stats.
No and that's never a true assessment of what an athlete can do. Chris is a thoroughbred, and someone who I think will come onto his own under the organization's direction; what he is going through is simply a part of the process.

If you remember how Brian Boyle played his first year here, compared to where he is now, the difference is in how he helped the team win every shift he was out there. Whether it was through physical play, a blocked shot, or playing mistake free hockey, it took a while for Boyler to put it together and have it be automatic.

With Chris, you have a guy who is very powerful, and a physically gifted athlete that still needs to round out his game. It simply isn't about scoring, but it's about what you do to help the team win every second that you're out there, and all of those elements aren't automatic yet in Chris's play thus far.

But that's primarily because he's focusing in on it, thinking about the little details, rather than just instinctively reacting or initiating. Once that little something clicks within Chris, when he has that understanding and comfort level of what it takes to be a pro, and his confidence grows within himself, I think everyone will see all that hype come to fruition.

Dude is a better skater than McDonaugh, Hagelin, and Gaborik... Bigger too... I've got faith that he'll be just fine on the big club.