Thread: Speculation: Buyouts per team
View Single Post
12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Except you left out the fact that Streit, Hamonic, and Bailey are due new contracts at the end of the year and Andrew MacDonald is due a big payraise in 2014. Also with the future set in stone for the Isles, I expect them to attract bigger free agents and not settle for the Marty Reasoners and Mark Eatons of the UFA market.

They would be stupid to not get DiPi's contract off the books without it counting towards the cap. What happens where were are gonna' have to pay the talent that we spent so many years developing and waiting for?
You are thinking from a logical standpoint of what is the best for the team from an on ice perspective. I am going by the logical standpoint of a team that's nickeled and dimed it way over the cap minimum for the past 5 years. As I said I can see the Islanders buying out Dipietro at some point, but if they do that money they pay him will help them get over the cap not be a complete write off. All that being said I am guessing they will gamble that Dipietro will retire within 2-3 years

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote