View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I was in the lower bowl for the Toronto game and made some notes.

Gallagher was obviously the most dangerous forward for Ham. Terrific hands but, more importantly he's fantastic at quietly slipping away from coverage. Had one superb shift were he put on a stick handling clinic hen finished off by knocking over a defenseman twice his size. Marlies were able to box him out as his linemates couldn't make space for him.

Leblanc looked the most skilled behind Gallagher. He has real difficulty finding space though. It really looked like he couldn't get enough strength from his legs for both skating and shooting which sharply limited his effectiveness.

Beaulieu most dynamic player. Only guy that looked like he can create something as a puck carrier. He and Gallagher miles ahead of teammates on the PP. One guy Mar lies had difficultly containing.

Holland can't control the centre of the ice or be a good puck carrier. His pass aren't good under pressure. Missed Gallagher on a short pass often. I think he's far more effective on the fringes if the play rather than at the focus.

Tinordi looks down a large section of ice, especially on the Pk. Terrific range of coverage.
I like Gallagher but I am not sure how he will fare in the NHL. He really needs to work on his shot as it just isn't hard enough to beat NHL goaltenders consistently. He is tenacious and scores alot of dirty goals but he will have trouble doing this at the next level.