View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 08:20 PM
unifiedtheory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Tweak #3 to be a single game between seeds 8 and 9 for the final playoff birth in each conference.
I'd have it as a best of three series. Let those two teams wear each other out for 3 games in 5 nights while the rest of the top 7 rests. It would make the #8 seed a weaker opponent meaning finishing first in the conference means more.

As the #1 seed you would get a tired opponent, which is good for the #1 seed and the battle to get to the 7th seed would be right down to the wire to avoid the play-in round.

I think the "free Centre Ice" is a must. I say this selfishly because I REFUSE to pay them a cent this year and I don't want to spend the season stealing the games from bad feeds. Never happen though, they will probably charge a pro-rated full season rate (with an inflationary increase from last year) and pass it off as a deal.

3 on 3 is a gimmick but it is no where near the gimmick which is the shoot out. At least 3 on 3 is still "hockey". Ending a national hockey league game in a shoot out is like ending a NFL game by having quarterbacks throw football through a tire.

Realignment is a must, as is a ****ing balanced schedule. Every team should play at least once a year in every city, doing it any other way is moronic.

Shortening the preseason is a must as well but that will never happen. The owners want to make money and the exhibition games are gravy.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote