View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 09:23 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
My comments have nothing to do with being an apologist for the Habs.

Truth of the matter I was involved in hockey for over 30 years at the coaching level, attained Advance Level II, worked with the program of excellence in the GTHL and taught coach certification in Ontario and Quebec for over 15 years. One of the modules that I taught was development.

So with that being said, there are many factors that can influence development. At an early age, maximum development is obtained through practices, repetition of basic technical elements. For the elite players, as they get older, more emphasis is put on game situations, off ice training, sports psychology etc.

At the pro level, IMO, the incremental progression in skating, skills, etc. is minimal. Therefore the main aspects of development for young pro's are game ice time, not being rushed to the NHL, and off ice training.

When I watch the Bulldogs I like what I see. All the important game situation and the bulk of the ice time is taken by players that actually have a good chance to play in the NHL. As example, I can already see the progression in Beaulieu and Tinordi. Same can be said for Gallagher and Dumont.

As long as the team is competitive and remains physical as it has, I don't see a problem with the Bulldogs, including Lefebvre.
This,don't fix what isn't broken,our Management Team is the best it's been since the 60's & 70's.