View Single Post
12-29-2012, 12:07 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Well, my thought was IF we are going to get someone to replace Cowen, and spend money ANYWAYS, then maybe you can get a draft pick out of it. Plus, if the Gonchar trade rumors have anything to them (and who knows if they do), then we might go the trade route.

Like, for instance, if the Sharks decide they want to buy out a guy like Douglas Murray because they decide they want to go Boyle-Burns-Stuart-Vlasic-Demers-Braun on the blueline, why not trade him to us?

I'm just saying: maybe there are some guys out there on 1 or 2 year contracts who are worth pursuing.

Someone on these boards wondered if we can pull a reverse-Havlat trade. I'm hoping we might be able to leverage our low cap into a player.
Forgot about Cowen's injury... dunno how much he'll be willing to spend.

Not saying guys shouldn't be looked at, saying they won't be for money reasons.

There likely won't be good players available anyway, unless it's a team wanting to get out of a 10+ year contract like Luongo or something. Other than that it will be 3rd/4th line forwards or 3rd pair d-men who are paid like top 6/top 4 players.

Maybe like Volchenkov, Jovanovski, Ballard. In that case it's best just to play Wiercioch. I wouldn't take any of those 3 contracts just for a mid pick.

Though signing Volchenkov to a one year deal in the summer as the the 6/7th d-man would be cool.

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote