View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
...theres nothing "weak" about the sauciness the fan bases from Montreal to Ottawa, Toronto to Winnipeg to Edmonton, Calgary to Vancouver extol upon one another. Usually pretty hot stuff, requiring a fair amount of libation to extinguish. We live in an age of wall-wall information, technology & ease of access, wars are fought from long range, sports no different, regional proximities nowhere nearly as important as they were throughout the 20th & early part of the 21st Centuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
I suppose if a team ever wound up in Saskatoon it might make for a rivalry with Winnipeg. The problem is at this point at least Saskatoon just isn't big enough to support a major league team.
You missed part of another earlier post in response to another member I made a few minutes ago I guess.... and no, Saskatoon is far too small, maybe in 80yrs or so, but it doesnt matter. This isnt 1985, 1965 or 1945, 1925 or 1905. Direct regional rivalries while nice are not the beat all & end all that they once were. Radio, TV & the Internet have trumped if not completely obliterated those concerns and on a Global Scale.

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote