View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Sol seems to be a non-liability for an AHL bottom pairing, but he is still noticably the weakest of the 3 from the same birth year (Melchiori, Chiarot and Sol). Interesting that the one with the highest potential is the one with the late bday (thus one draft later). Those three fought for the final 2 spots on this IceCaps roster and most likely will be fighting each other (with Yuen) for the Jets #6/7 spots in the future. I would be surprised at this point if Sol ever wins that spot. His accomplishments are a full year behind Chiarot and 2 behind Melchiori in my mind. My guess is in the future (if they fight for #6 + 7 on the Jets) Yuen and Melchiori win them pretty cleanly with Chiarot as the main call up guy. And that's without thinking of RH competition for the #7 spot (Redmond, Postma and blackhorse Saponari) or the older O'Neil or the possibility of new prospects via draft/trade.
I have my doubts that any of Melchiori/Chiarot/Sol will ever sniff the NHL. Just do not see them as legitmate options going forward. Look at the trouble Redmond has had even getting close (he's still probably #9 on depth chart right now with his window closing fast), and he is considerably better than of those 3. I think Yuen has some potential, but those 3 are AHL fillers for their ELC's and then they'll be moving on, IMO. Not legitimate prospects unless one of them starts making some huge strides, very soon.