View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 01:45 AM
aqib

vCash: 500
The Rams attendance had dropped before Frontiere moved the team. http://rams.imgrelay.com/html/507.html

The Raiders were close to a stadium deal at Hollywood Park but the NFL wanted Al Davis to accept a second team as a co-tenant and he decided to go back to Oakland instead (at least thats what he claims in the documentary Straight Out of LA). If LA gets a football team it should be just one. I can see putting a 3rd NBA team in Anaheim, but if the Kings leave Sacramento I would rather see them go to Seattle.

I could see a second NBA team in Chicago, the best candidate would be the Bobcats with Jordan as the owner. They have not drawn well in Charlotte. They have talked about a second NFL team there for years. I am not sure if they plan to build another stadium or share Soldier Field. I remember the Cardinals kept denying rumors in the late 90s that they were considering moving back. I could see 2 more NHL teams in Southern Ontario (Markham and Hamilton). A third MLB team in NYC would work as well, they had 3 and almost got a 4th at one point.

Lastly I could see a second MLB team in Boston. There is enough demand if you put a NL team in Fenway. I remember talk of that being a temporary home for the Expos years ago.

aqib is offline   Reply With Quote