View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
How big is Tim Bender s chance to get drafted this summer? Is there any sure fire draftee outside of Kahun ?

All I know who have realistic chances are:
Tiffels
Cüpper
Bender

As I am not following the German leagues that much with the exception of Mannheim are any other guys playing here have a chance?
I don't think there is any sure fire draftee at all from Germany in the 2013 draft.
Even Kahun could slip into a late round or completely off the board unless he continues to play the way he did so far. If he hits a slump like Rieder did in the second part of his first year in the OHL, then it could raise too many questions.
Although his exposure at the WJC should help his draft stock.

And that is one of the problems for Tim Bender. He does not play at the WJC, he does not play in a men's league, but only in German Juniors. At least so far, he may get a few games in the Oberliga for Bad Nauheim.
but all that will make it difficult for him to get drafted this year.

As far as Tiffels goes, he is in a similar situation as Kahun. And Cüpper was eligible last year and wasn't picked, and his numbers are not impressive, since he ist playing on a terrible team. So I don't think there is much chance he gets picked this year.
I mean even Niederberger who played awsome last season was not picked in his second year of eligibility.

Other candidates playing in Germany are forwards Markus Eisenschmid, Kevin Orendorz and Dennis Shevyrin as well as defenseman Andreas Schwarz.
However these guys are far from a lock for the draft and have at best an outside chance, to be drafted at all.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote