View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 04:53 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Perfect example of hating on someone because they disagree with you. All of a sudden my thoughts are unintelligent because I've pointed out what the obvious, that you're a rocco hater. If that term bothers you then please select another with the same meaning and I'll be glad to use it, it makes no difference to me. But the bottom line is that a good portion of this board hates Rocco solely because of his religious beliefs. If he were an outspoken atheist then no one would give two ***** about what he said.

Your last paragraph makes no sense whatsoever. I wasn't criticizing the Rocco haters because they "dont fall in line with the idealic romantic concept of glorious Panther propety [sic]", whatever the hell that means. I criticize them because they don't give a **** about the moral character of the other prospects, good, bad, or ugly. If Rocco were knocking up chicks and abandoning his illegitimate children all over the state, no one would care. But they are quick to criticize a young man who has a strong Christian belief and is vocal with the limited amount of fame he has.

Then when asked why you dislike him you say "From his tie, to his judgemental [sic] religious views expressed at times. The tweet also annoys me, but i can't exactly explain why via text." Now he is judgmental because he takes a stance on what is right and what is wrong? If he said anyone who opposes gay marriage is bad, no one would give a damn. But if he says gay marriage is bad then he is judgmental? BS. Why is free speech only ok when you agree with the message? Why not just admit that you hate him because of his outspokenness on his beliefs? If you want to deny your bias, so be it. But it comes across so clearly that you just look foolish in doing so.
Why do you care whether i like his personality or not? Last time i checked, we were hockey fans, and not following the Florida Panthers big brother house. I don't like his personality and i've said countless times that this has no impact on his hockey development or my opinion of his skills. So again, how does this pathetic internet concept of "haters gonna hate" have any relevance?

I don't dislike Grimaldi because he is religious. It just so happens many if his "unique" views manifest themselves via religion. Coincidence, probably. I am not here to discuss religion. I've said several times, i don't like his personality and that this does not affect how i view him as a player ; you know, the only commodity we should care about?

I wasn't aware it was mandatory to also like every Panthers personnel. Do you wish us all to buy Grimaldi T-shirts, follow him on twitter saying how much we like him and have him included in a rolling Florida Panthers love is in the air desktop wallpaper sequence?

Please, don't play the free speech card. Not only are you making a universe out a mole hill, trying to extrapolate this into some personal vendetta because somebody doesn't fall in line with the Panthers loverathon, but free speech (Not the concept, but what they say) is allowed to be criticise. Grimaldi can say what he wants, and he is entitled to do so, but that doesn't mean i have to like it, or like him.

If Grimaldi wasn't a Florida prospect, would you care? Would you be defending against the "haters". I think we all know the answer to that.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote