View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 10:01 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You lose credibilty describing MacDonald is a good 3rd paring D.
MacDonald gets pushed around our own goal crease like a rag doll. It's embarrassing. Besides that, he's a decent defenseman. Decent offensively.. Doesn't do anything great, but can log a good 15-20 minutes a night. If anything, I view MacDonald in the same light as Nielsen. On a good team, Nielsen is a third line centerman. On a team light on centermen or devoid of any scoring, Nielsen can be pushed up to 2nd line. MacDonald is similar in that if he is playing on your first pair, you'll be picking top 3 overall in the entry draft every year. If he is on your second pairing, you can get away with it, but still probably not a very good or deep team of defensemen. He fits somewhere 4-6... If he is on your last pairing as your #5 D-man, it's probably a deep, playoff contending blueline...

That is the problem with the Islanders. Expectations are so low that fans convince themselves players are better than they really are...... I'd like to not only see this team make the playoffs, but actually compete when they get there... and I see MacDonald as a bottom pairing player that can step up to your 2nd pairing when injuries call for it. If he's on your 2nd pairing opening night, good luck with that.

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote