View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 11:01 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent082 View Post
Have to disagree. His top speed isn't impressive and other attributes in his skating are even worse.
His top speed is just fine for his size the problem is in his first steps. Bigger guys tend to look slower because their stride his bigger. When Barkov uses his speed he is suprisingly fast.

I would like him to keep the puck more and make more creative plays. Simple game works against men and in pro game but in junior game it is all creativity, flash, fast unpredictable moves. Like i said before the tournament Barkov could be lost in junior games because his game is already molded into pro game.

Barkov needs to be more creative, need to hog the puck more, challenge the opposite players with his strength and skill if he want to be big factor in this tournament. I'm sure that Barkov would be more comfortable in the NHL than in the WJC.

Barkov was lost in Latvia game and was ok in Czech game. In the 3rd period of Czech game i tought that Barkov was the best finnish foward. I hope his game is just warming up for junior games.