View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 10:08 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Any guesses on how much of how the Sabres have handled Girgensons has been respecting his wishes? And how much is them dictating to him?

I know he has said he had no interest in playing juniors. At least for the team that has his rights. Are there any quotes out there giving us an idea how he feels about not going to world juniors?
You got one today.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121229316/1004

Quote:
Zemgus Girgensons would have rather spent Friday in Russia as a member of Latvia’s national team, but he understands why he was in Buffalo playing for the Amerks.

The Sabres’ second of two first-round draft picks is only 18 years old and remains eligible for the world junior tournament, which began this week. Latvia named him to its roster, but the Sabres and Amerks declined to release him.

“It was more of the team’s choice,” Girgensons said. “I didn’t really have an opinion on that.”

Would he have liked to play?

“Well, it’s my country,” he said. “You can’t get upset. This is where I’m playing. If I can help this team, it’s a lift for me.”

Girgensons entered Friday with two goals and six points in 23 games.

“I’m just trying to get better where I can,” he said. “I think lately it’s been going real good.”