View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 11:13 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
OK – just re-watched Russia-US game on PVR. Here is the break down by period with some comments:

1st Period
5 shifts – 4:35 ice time (approx.)
- Main impression is that Kuraly sucks. Kuraly does not seem comfortable on his back hand, definitely favors distributing the puck to Barber.
- One PP – very long shift (1:30) but had very little impact.
- I have not seen him play with Sarnia this year but I can’t imagine he spends as much time as he does on the boards waiting for a pass. On the fourth shift you see home much time he spends standing still waiting for an outlet pass.
- He was nearly perfect in either passing the puck or not losing it.

2nd Period
6 shifts - 5:05 ice time (approx.)
- Dominated in two PP occasions
- On second PP – had the puck for a lot of the PP that ultimately lead to Trouba’s goal. Obtained primary assist.
- Had a couple of bad plays in 5 on 5 shifts. I have him with 2 puck possession losses and a couple of bad passes.
- Still notice that line mates are not helping. Barber is practically non-existent and Kuraly is not having a good game.

3rd Period
6 shifts – 5:00 minutes (approx.)
- Had some of his least effective shifts, especially his 4th shift of the period, which lasted about 1:25 mostly chasing puck in defensive zone.
- Lots of uneventful shifts, not getting the puck.
- Last shift, on the PP, he controlled the PP again. Lack of finishing by US.

General comments
- I thought he received his fair share of ice time - go to guy on PP, no PK.
- On this team and tournament, he would greatly benefit from playing center and not having to wait for the puck. I assume that Housley does not want him to free wheel.
- At the very least, put him on the first line instead of Gaudreau. Miller is a much better distributor and finisher and Gaudreau is pretty much useless.
- I understand we want to see Gally dominate each game, but this was a quality opponent with size and speed. IMO, he played as well as the other major players on the ice, no one stood out – with the exception of Nichushkin – who took over in the 2nd and 3rd period. I think he will start being mentioned with the top 3-5 of the draft.
- Grigs does play with a slower pace, but he often has the puck on his stick.
Still, that's less than 15 minutes which is inexcusable for their best offensive forward in a game they lost 2-1.