View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 10:14 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
In addition, why would the Islanders want to trade Nielsen?
Jaromir,

I know the Isles trading Nielsen is a long shot, nor do I think he really NEEDS to be traded. He is a good player and doesn't hurt the Isles.. I was just looking at the Isles potential depth up the middle along with our lack thereof on the blueline. Certain players on the horizon bring elements lacking in Nielsen. Brock Nelson is 6'4 with loads of offensive potential. Ryan Strome has top-notch playmaking and scoring ability. Casey Cizikas is a really good 3/4th line center. Brings speed, offensive potential and a physical presence. Cizikas likes to mix it up and that physical presence is something Nielsen doesn't bring. There are also two wild cards, one of which I am super high on, in Anders Lee and Johan Sundstrom........

So to simply answer your question, why do I want to trade Nielsen, it is because of the aforementioned talent we have knocking on the door, along with the need for an NHL ready D-man. It's not that I want to trade Nielsen, I like his game. It is simply a matter of trading from an area of strength/depth to improve an area of weakness.

It's been a long off-season... Just having a bit of fun playing fantasy GM..

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote