Thread: Speculation: Buyouts per team
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 10:20 AM
MrVisser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
If the Leafs want to go after either Perry or Getzlaf, they would pretty much have to buy out Komisarek to have the cap space to do it.

Liles just re-signed and has trade value so I can't see any chance of him being bought out.
Right, I forgot we just signed Liles, unlikely he'd be bought out so soon but I thought of it as a bit of a long shot any way.

If the cap drops to $60m as I've heard reported in the CBA talks, that should leave Leafs with ~$18m in 2013-2014 season so far. IIUC, the AHL salaries would also cut into the NHL cap as well with the new offer.. a quick glance at capgeek (hard to calculate easily from there) suggests maybe $6m in salaries there? I'm assuming it's not the NHL-level salary but the AHL-level salary coming off the books.

In which case we would have about $12m cap to resign some of our current guys, plus one of Getzlaf or Perry. Very rough estimate there, but could be do-able without buying out Komi and pissing away $2.6m.

BTW, just used dollar figures from capgeek, I might have misinterpreted some numbers though: http://capgeek.com/mapleleafs/

EDIT: Just found that the figure I was looking at to determine AHL salaries were actually the bonuses. That $6m is probably much lower than I thought (e.g., Rielly gets $70k in the AHL, not $850k)

Last edited by MrVisser: 12-29-2012 at 10:32 AM.
MrVisser is offline   Reply With Quote