View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 11:14 AM
  #248
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Yeah, that **** is pretty serious. You should have had someone come out right away and/or not stayed there.

I'm sure I posted about it, but last year our detector went off a few days before Christmas. Had my wife take the kids and my cat for a drive and I called the fire department/national fuel. Furnace went bad and it was indeed Carbon Monoxide. If the detector hadn't been there and caught it, chances are we could be dead or seriously injured.

Don't **** around with that ****.
Yeah, my grandmother had something like that happen to her house, they were noticeably sick for like 3-4 days (pets included) before they realized what was going on (no alarm). Thankfully nobody was in serious harm.

I asked my roommates if they felt dizzy, light-headed, or nauseous and they felt fine so I figured it would be safe to wait until morning. They were running the stove non-stop on 3-4 burners for about 2-3 hours, and with no circulation out of the house I figured that may have helped (the alarm is right next to our oven). Here's hoping it was just the alarm going wonky.

HockeyH3aven is offline