View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 11:26 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

vCash: 500
I know the Lipon hit was a hit to the head and thus deserving of a penalty, but in reality, he didn't hit him hard enough to knock a feather off his shoulder. I hate the embellishment, and I hate it just as much when our guys do it. TSN commented on how after those calls our guys started flopping in order to even it out, and I agree it appears we have to do that in order to get the same level of calls from the refs.

But I still hate it. I think we should maintain our same type of play, and let the chips fall where they may. If the officials are going to call no-contact hockey and attempt to influence the game, then I say we keep our heads and still play the right way. The way we are taught to play, hard-nosed and with our heads up and physical. I know that some of the European leagues are basically no contact, so in a way I can understand the officials calling the games that way, but I just think we should not change in order to win. In a way, I would rather lose playing the game the way it should be played than flopping all over the ice to get calls from officials that don't know the difference between a real injury and a fake one.