Thread: GDT: Three Rivers Classic
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Azkals

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
Anyone going to this thing? I just miss hockey man. Are there any specific players to watch between the 4 teams?
I went yesterday and I am going again today.

I'm a PSU student and an RMU fan so I am biased towards those two teams. Some players I would watch.

There are some players with NHL connections on PSU. Jake Gardiner's brother Max on PSU is the highest NHL draft pick in the tournament with the Blues. Max played with Minny his freshman year and struggled, he has slowly been turning it around at Penn St and has setup a few goals. Brandon Saad's brother George has played on the club team the past couple years but hasn't had much of a role on the D1 team and he sometimes plays on the 4th line. Edzo's son Tommy scored his first D1 goal against RMU a couple weeks ago on a redirection. He's a really hard worker but hasn't done much of anything on offense this season.

Both goalies Eric Levine (RMU) and Brady Hjelle (OSU) are top 3 in SV%, .951 and .949. Skoff, starting G for PSU and against OSU today, is from McKees Rock and originally committed to play at OSU, so an interesting story line there.

David Glen on PSU is probably my favorite player to watch. He takes a lot of penalties which can really agitate you and yesterday he received a major for that questionable hit to the head. But he is pretty skilled and has a darn good shot.

You might want to keep your eye on some of the NHL draft picks.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/pages/nh...college-hockey

Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote