View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Beleafer4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Right now I take Hamilton without thinking twice.

Hamilton's had an underrated tournament. His size and range for his poke check will be one of his most valuable assets. Him being 6'5 or 6'6 and putting up the offensive numbers he has in the OHL is amazing.

Rielly has more raw offensive skill. He's a great skater with great vision. However, he does have holes in his game. He's a little undersized. I also see him trying to make the fancy play rather than the smart play which leads to a couple giveaways. Sometimes he looks lost in the defensive zone. The good thing for him is he can improve in these areas. I still think Hamilton will be better and I'm really worried that the Bruins play in the same division as the Sens because of him.
Just a few things I wanted to comment on:
1) Rielly isnt undersized. 6'05 205 pounds is a decent size and hasnt limited the likes of kieth and letang. He is still 18 and growing too. Could very well be 6'1 210 when fully developped
2) Rielly may look fancy but he usually makes the smart play. Just watch him, the puck is on his stick for usually max a second. He takes it and passes it off right away. He only dangles when he has no other passing options. I have never seen him try to 1v1 someone when had an open man.
3) Yes sometimes he does look lost in the defensive zone.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote