Thread: Value of: Sam Gagner and Ryan Whitney
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 12:33 PM
WhiteLight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
I like Frans Nielsen, and see them as similar players. At the same age as Gagner is now, Nielsen had played 31 NHL games, with 3 goals and 2 assists for 5 points. They're about the same size (Gagner is an inch shorter, and 9 pounds heavier, according to NHL.com)

Problem with Gagner, is that he's been playing forever. He's 366 games into his career, and is only 23. People look at the career -42, but don't see that he was +5 last year. Or that he's gone from 41.8% faceoff percentage (14th on his team in 2007-2008) to 47.6% last year (3rd on the team, behind Horcoff and Belanger.) On a team that's developed Hall, Hopkins, Eberle, and all, and he was lost in the rush.

Fantasy draft players: If there is a season this year, I'd take a long look at Gagner in the middle rounds. He'll likely be between Yakupov and Hemsky, and will be playing against the 2nd pairing of forwards defense (I expect that teams will put out their best players for Hall-Hopkins-Eberle.) Could be a prolific scorer, and given his reputation on boards such as these (for what that's worth) he'll likely be a performer.
Dude.

Nielsen and Gagner aren't even on the same planet. Nielsen is a elite as they come for 2nd line centres.

That's your problem, you only look at points. Open your eyes man. Open your spirit. There's a reason why the Oilers have been dead last with Gagner as the 2nd line centre.

Career games played don't prove anything. Please stop.

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote