Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 01:22 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
That was me, with the puck he's great but he really does leave me wanting more in is game without the puck. He gives me the impression that he's floating just waiting for his next chance to happen instead of hustling and make things happen for himself. I'm probably over analyzing him but that's the way it looks for me.
Bravo.....this is what the "let the kids play" crowd ignores. 90% of hockey is what gets done when you don't have the puck!

Again, Nino looked awful. Tavares' greatest improvements have been and continue to be what he does when he doesn't have the puck. Bailey's best is what we see without the puck on his stick. Moulson could hit more but his best is when he does not have the puck (but will shortly around the slot). Okposo needs to improve that game. Nino looked AWFUL without the puck (I repeat, yes, to ensure people know he has to say down if we resume hockey!). Jonsson was DYNAMIC without the puck as he was ALWAYS in the right spot.

It's a game of chess that makes a player good. Being where you need to be to strike (whether a defensive or offensive play).

So pay attention to Strome's game when he isn't setting up shop or getting a shot off.

And be PATIENT so as to get the BEST out of all the prospects we all are relying heavily on!