View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 01:53 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Almost all lacked/lack hockey sense or other important ability that is needed in NHL, faster paced, smaller rink. None of them were 17, some 10 years older or more.

Barkov may have issues with grit and skating. Skating is pretty good, considering how fast he's grown and how he has improved over the year and even the season. I'm pretty sure it will continue to improve. At worst, he would be average skater.

Grit isn't weakness but it doesn't show up with he's play style that much. Also has to do with that they are playing in FEL.
Thus far Barkov is doing what I almost expected of him, there are more questions to his draft ranking making him a higher risk than others.

I want to see how these players play against better opposition, one thing I notice about Gally and Grigornenko, they play well against the likes of teams like Germany but were not visible when they faced Russia or USA. Running up points totals against the likes of Germany almost doesn't count in my book. It's one thing to keep an eye on. Barkov needs to step it up against Switzerland but more importantly Sweden a truer challenge.