View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 02:02 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
I have to laugh every time someone brings up the idea that if the team were to leave there would be severe damage to the local economy! Lets see, the last Coyotes game was played in May, since that time there has been local commerce occurring at Westgate, less at Jobing! Yet last time I looked Jobing was still standing, most of the vendors at Westgate were still in business and the COG still had access to the $17MM they want to give away to GJ for very little in return. I thought all of the pro-Coyote folks predicted armageddon without the local team?

Bottom line: the city and its citizens will be far better off without the city having to spend an additional $300MM, they don`t have, to keep a team that will embarrass itself once again even if a new owner is stupid enough to overpay for an asset that has little value to its customers or the league in which it plays!
A big push has been Tanger Outlets. I live in the West Valley, and the closest stores of my interest are at Tanger. Coyotes games just help get the people into the bars and restaurants by the arena. Every time I go to a game(I usually try to attend 6 games a year, was living 2 hours away before this year), I go to dinner and a few drinks before the game, and the bars and restaurants are always packed. I don't know if it's $25 million a year, but they do provide a boost for sure. If there was an owner that could bring in more people, more events, etc., the area could be better off down the road. It might not be an immediate effect, but down the road it could be a positive.